An automation production line is simply a series of workstations connected by a transfer system and an electrical control system. Each station is assigned a particular task, performed on the product as it moves step by step along the line. A fully automated production line eliminates the need for humans to interfere, and all processes are accomplished through automated operations.
Automation of an assembly line means humans can take care of tasks such as system design, supervision, and monitoring, rather than getting themselves involved in any risky situations. The benefits can be summed up as:
- The entire process becomes increasingly reliable as the mechanical movements have no chance of deviating from their pre-programmed instructions
- Greater productivity can be achieved as processes can be carried out at a higher rate of speed
- Human laborers can be freed of repetitive tasks allowing companies to fully utilize their human resources
- Careful investments can provide companies a high RoI, along with reduced labor costs
- The introduction of fast, stable and accurate flow means the cost of manufactured products are reduced, translating into greater economic efficiency