While almost all automated systems include some aspect of material handling, striking the right balance of method, equipment, integration, and Material Handling Programming can be a challenge. The following are just a few of the automated material handling solutions Premier Automation can offer.
- Part Transfer
- Pick and Place
- Palletizing and De-palletizing
- Automated Storage and Retrieval
- Conveying of Materials
Benefits of Automating Material Handling
Material handling is a task that is prone to several complications, especially if manual operators are involved. Bringing technology into the mix can straighten things out and close-down common loopholes. Robots in particular can assist with the task and can carry out operations such as parts transfer, automated storage, palletizing, etc.
When such processes are shifted to a machine, the ultimate benefits are reaped by the company as a whole. These include:
- Efficiency: you’ll be able to get more done with fewer resources, while designating your workforce to more sophisticated tasks.
- Reliability: while human operators are capable of missing up on a few things, robots would carry out tasks as programmed, for an indefinite period of time.
- Safety: On-site workers would be more secure as all the dangerous tasks such as heavy-lifting would be shifted to the machines.
- Flexibility: You would be able to cope with seasonal swings in a much better way, rather than reorganizing your workforce time and again.