Machine tending is simply the loading/unloading of machine parts or materials, but it can be dangerous, repetitive work, making it the ideal process to automate. Manufacturers still highly depend on manual operators for machine tending, however robotics can keep machines running efficiently while protecting workers. The list below details some of the machine tending applications Premier Automation can automate:
- Machine Tools
- Stamping Presses
- Forging Press
- Injection Molding Machines (IMM’s)
- Test Instruments
Benefits of Automating Machine Tending
Robotic machine tending can add a whole new level of manipulation & transportation capabilities to the existing system, as it can safely carry out dangerous tasks. All this occurs with extreme precision in a non-stop manner. While loading/unloading are the primary machine tending functions, robots can be programmed to carry out supplementary tasks such as washing, sorting and gauging as well.
Such an operational change can bring a number of benefits with itself:
- Productivity: more can be achieved in lesser time as robots can be designed to work at a higher pace.
- Quality: human errors would be eliminated in tasks such as stamping, cleaning, blowing, etc. as all would be carried out with extreme precision.
- Greater ROI: labor costs would be brought down dramatically, and would balance out the investment made in the system.
- Flexibility: robots can be mounted on a single platform, taking lesser space, thus making room for other operations.
Contact Our Engineers